Wednesday, January 9, 2008

DIY Diva, How Do You Do?



For the past couple of years, I have received a virtual The Green Guide to my email and a paper version to my home (yes, yes, the duplication isn't very green of me). Usually I peruse it to ease the environmentally-concerned corner of my conscience, but rarely READ anything (the publication has a tendency to promote green products - which are great - but I can't afford...like an organic mattress or organic jeans or entire organic roofs, lawnmowers, ping pong tables...) However, today, I came across this gem. Blogger for the site, the DIY Diva, offers many creative and useful ways to do/make/clean crap without spending and without polluting! I'm particularly stoked about the chap stick option...even in California the "winter" can take its toll on the lips. And I don't have fancy smacy campy Camper boots, but if I ever got some, I'd know what to do to keep them looking expensive and status-y. (Furthermore, its refreshing to know one can be this new brand of green and still skin cows for footwear! Even Republicans have to agree: Being Green Doesn't Have to Be Extreme.)

1 comment:

Little Brown Brother said...

how can i get an organic ping pong table? btw, i think it's fancy schmancy...