Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chris Rock: Whitey's Catchin' On


New discovered tidbit: I'm not the only cracker-ass cracker who likes Chris Rock.

In fact, outside of the excessively foul language, even my mother likes him. She mentioned this to me last August when I was home. After my lengthy (and vocally inaccurate) retelling of Rock's shtick, she unnaturally asked, through tears of laughter, "Will you bring that DVD next time you're here?" My dad and I shared a "wtf" glance of sorts but I agreed to.

Well, I did even better than that this Christmas; I bought her "Never Scared". Of course, I was shocked as hell when mama didn't ooze jubilation upon opening my thoughtful, and parent-unique gift. Both of my parents looked at me like they were first generation immigrants and I just handed them a "Best of: Taxi Cab Confessions" video.

The whole experience worsened when we put in the DVD (after nieces and nephew were put down) and about ten minutes into it, my dad had a coughing fit (unrelated to Rock) so heinous he almost passed out and when I couldn't hear the stand-up over my mother spazing, suggesting we call an ambulance, I decided to stop the program. We never finished it.

Anyways, he's back on tour mutha fuckas: chrisrock.com... Maybe I will get the fam tickets, grandma too!

No comments: