Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Case For Voter Aptitude Testing


Today, I had to explain to a client how a credit card works:

"Enterprise has already been paid, by your Visa."
"But I haven't paid the Visa, so Enterprise hasn't been paid."
"No, Enterprise billed your Visa, Visa paid them and now you owe $600 to Visa."
"How could Visa pay Enterprise when I haven't paid Visa yet?"
"Um, this is how a credit card works."
"Are you sure that's how it works?"
"Yes."
"But I haven't paid Visa yet!"
"Do you have a traditional credit card with a credit limit and minimum due?"
"Yes, that's right. [PAUSE] So the Enterprise bill was paid, even though I haven't paid anything?"

YES.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

credits & crumpets

Anonymous said...

Wow that is awesome, and so sad. But I do love that you are the one who got to explain this. Little did they know they were becoming material.