Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm On Vacation! Day 3 - Upstate NY & The Catskills

Day 3: Upstate NY/The Catskills
7 am bus from the Port Authority/As dingy as imagined/Bus/Sleep/Four hours/Josh pick-up/To his and his wife, Taylor’s, restaurant Heaven/Norman Rockwell picturesque at every head turn/Outside and Inside/Meet Bea & Walker/Froggie’s lesbo surrogate mothers/They are cooking/They greet me heartily/Leisurely brunch of egg burrito and all the coffee I could handle/Scone/Sweet Potato home fries/Guacamole of the Gods/Meet & Greet/Many good peoples in Heaven/Time moves slow there
Grocery store trip/Drive for miles/The Price Chopper/Logo looks like: Meat cleaver takes out American flag/Tahini costs $6/A forgotten price chop/Enough food to make it/Back to Heaven/Failed Frisbee/Met the five dogs across the street/Don’t ask me to recant their names
Windy mountain road to Frog’s cabin/Up in a mountain/Green/Green/Green/Quaint/Simple cabin/Fresh air surrounds/Goat cheese quesadillas for dinner/Big hit/If I do say so/Ommegang’s Three Philosophers/That’s Belgium beer brewed an hour away/Delish/Also, Budweiser/Half a spliff/Froggie fills the cabin with his beautiful songs/I sit in awe of my friend and how far he’s come

No comments: