Monday, February 4, 2008

So Now I'm Shallow, AND I Drink Significant Amounts of Beer


My new favorite hobby is counting calories. I've indulged this obsession before, but then gave it up as I found the practice unsettling for the psyche. Nah, that's not true. I didn't want to pay the $9 monthly fee to the website. So now I'm back on it, and loving every minute of it. (Dude, you wouldn't believe how many calories are in a biscuit.)
So the website asks you to input your food or drink, and the amount consumed, and it calculates how many calories you've allowed into your ass AND keeps a tab of how many remain, for the day, in order for you to reach your goal weight. Make sense? Whatever. Just read this fantastic email I received from MyFoodDiary.com's billing department after I'd had some technical difficulties on their site:

Hi Esmallestass.

Our system alerted us that you encountered a problem today when you tried to view your food diary. We looked into it and found the problem. You entered that you consumed 2436 fl oz of Anchor Steam beer. This exceeded the calorie limits of our system. We removed this entry and the alert has cleared. You will need to re-enter the beer.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Justin

1 comment:

Little Brown Brother said...

i did the math and that comes to just 5 beers a day! they should change their limits!