Thursday, November 1, 2007

I call BULLSHIT.

Does anyone else feel like this clouded, alarmist, reactionary way the federal government makes everything an act of terra' is way out of control? I was fucking pissed about the liquid take-down in the airports, but now we are willy nilly prosecuting random REGULAR AMERICAN CRIMINALS under the guise of terrorism?
Thank God these people are still thinking: Timothy Lynch, director of the Project on Criminal Justice at the Cato Institute & Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union. Both mentioned, in the NYTimes, the purpose of the new terrorism law was to guard New York from Al Qaeda - ya know, ACTUAL terrorists, the ones who target particular peoples and defy nation-states for ideological or political reasons ( dictionary.com).
I did my own thinking. I went to dictionary.law.com and it asked me to input a "legal term" in order to find its definition and guess what? Nothing was found for "terrorism". I found plenty for first degree murder and manslaughter but nothing...for...terrorism... as if it isn't actually a LEGAL TERM. I also found nothing for "slippery slope" but why would I? That is just AN IDEA FOUND IN THE CONTEXT OF CONSTRUCTING A LOGICAL ARGUMENT.
Hell, convict this boy of terrorism. Iiii meeean, jees, he "intimidate[d] or coerce[d] a civilian population". All the prosecution needs is a batshit brilliant psychologist to reveal this kid's tragically deranged motive. I'M SURE IT'S IN THERE, NEXT TO HIS LIQUID EXPLOSIVES.

No comments: