Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Perspective Check: I Have Two Functioning Legs AND I Own a Digital Camera

So I left the office in the middle of the work day to pick up my not-so-instant digital pics at Walgreens. I make my way down Mission in downtown San Francisco on a perfectly gorgeous fall day, walking briskly, without a care in the world and contemplating how fucking cute my pictures will be and calculating exactly when I will be able to make the Ikea trip to get really cheap frames - which will also be really fucking cute. And I am consciously sucking in my belly, in an effort to work out my stomach muscles and it is there, at Portico's Italian Restaurant (free smells!) I pass a young man, traveling by wheelchair. But he wasn't just in a wheelchair; he was also wielding one of those retractable seeing-eye poles. Not only was he UNABLE TO WALK. He was also UNABLE TO SEE. Jesus H. Christ on a Cross, Goddamn. I vowed then and there I would stop complaining about my psoriasis (...even though it's really bad, you guys.)

No comments: