Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some Interesting Articles in Today's N Y Times... Finally


An Arkansas woman was left in a court's holding cell for FOUR DAYS without food or water. The best parts of that article, 1) She DRANK HER OWN URINE and 2) She used her shoe as a pillow. Of course, the article tried to spin it into a racial issue, but really I think old Bailiff Jenkins just "...flat forgot about her." Arkansans, can you quit propagandizing your own stereotypes? LINK


W.R. Grace & Company was ordered by the feds to pay them $250M for clean-up, since the arrogantly irresponsible bastards gave everyone in Libby, Montana lung cancer. Blah blah blah. I'd like to point out that this SAME COMPANY also gave people diseases in Massachusetts years ago. The drama was detailed in one of my fave books, "A Civil Action", by Jonathan Harr and then RETOLD by John Travolta in the movie adaptation. Why can't W.R. Grace & Company give themselves or John Travolta cancer? LINK


Allen Kozinn does his best Captain Obvious schtick with this nugget of wisdom regarding May Pang's new John Lennon photog release, "...in the pages of 'Instamatic Karma' — the title is a play on Lennon's song 'Instant Karma...'"... NO SHIT?
In the bigger picture though, I can't wait to see this book, and I should really take more photos of people I know who have the propensity to be famous one day -- so I can capitalize on their fame by dumping my hard drive onto a publisher when I'm 50, and they're dead. LINK

No comments: