Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Don't Know What You're So GD Happy About


Today, I woke up in a good mood; who knows how these things happen. Grabbed coffee at my local shop and sat down to enjoy a few sips before my chi could be ruined by the artificial lighting in my "office".

Lucky me! I read this shallow-ish, yet poignant piece (hey, it resonated with me) from yesterday's SF Chronicle, by Robert Scheer (when you don't BUY newspapers, you get it a day late, ok?). He pretty much sums up my anger with George Bush in the paper version's title: Why is George still smiling?

"Once again, there was our president, presiding over disasters, in part of his making and totally on his watch, grinning with an aplomb that suggested a serious disconnect between his worldview and reality. Be it in his announcement that Iraq is being secured on a day when bombs ripped through that sad land, or posed between his Treasury secretary and the Federal Reserve chairman to applaud the government's bailout of a failed investment bank, President Bush was the only one inexplicably smiling."

It reminded me of how arrogantly unaware the Bush clan seemed when they "acted" in that propaganda video of the Presidential dogs joining up to be Park Rangers at the height of the holiday season when real people had no money, and potentially wouldn't see their kid because he or she was sucking up sand in Iraq. People in the world, in the country he claims to GOVERN, were suffering physically, financially, emotionally, and he's chortling all over the White House lawn like a total goon on spring break.

And honestly, I don't really care about his foreign policy positions. I mean I care, but I'm more concerned with how he presents himself. His policies could be argued for if he had well-reasoned, persuasive arguments. Instead, he pontificates with condescending rhetoric-laden sound-bytes, and his actions cater to too many special interest groups/old boy networks. What he really needs? A good debate coach and a good life coach. Hey Georgie! Me and Sweet B can be on the next flight to DC...

...ah fuck it, eight years of giggle-N-spend are nearly over.

Who's up next? Suckers.

Read the article on SF Gate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but can you really imagine trying to coach him elly...?

casting pearls before... something like that...

very well said... i've been wondering what is next for the last few months...