Thursday, June 26, 2008

The "Poet" As An Observer: The Mall Metaphors


[Sidebar: This past weekend I took part in an intensive writing seminar at BCC. Over the course of the weekend, I wrote four different pieces - each in about ten minutes. They've been edited (since I can't not edit) but the content is true to my in-the-moment inspiration. Recently, this blog has been dedicated to my lengthy Bachelorette recaps, so I'm happy to post something new. I hope you especially get a kick out of my poetry attempts.]

The Mall Metaphors

He glides among pyramids
He saunters around the pillars of the day
He smells of Gucci, and a lunch hour Chardonnay

He can fold a V-neck tee
As lovely as a wave folds up onto the sand
He can get you a key to the dressing room
As fast as a cougar runs on arid land

His name is Bo.
His code is minimum wage.
Welcome to the Gap, How can he help you today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my only comment that you need to spell his name, Beau, and not Bo.
Depending on what you are going for. Beau=pretentious. Bo=hick from Kentucky.