Friday, June 6, 2008

Asparagus: More To It Than Pee Smell


So I know veggies, in general, are good for me; however, I'd never read about the specific health benefits of asparagus until today. I was blown away by its far-reaching, multi-organ impacts, and look forward EVEN MORE SO to my Sunday farmer's market trip to load up on some of the goods.

The article isn't lengthy, so take a peek. Surprising and titillating detail? "Asparagus is also a powerful aphrodisiac and one of the best foods to increase libido. Just check out its shape."

This is fucking fantastic for the lucky, sexually-active folks. For the rest of us losers: "Asparagus fights depression and puts you in a good mood."

Seems I'll need that emotional boost to counteract my unfulfilled and newly percolating hornball-ness.

No comments: